Quite a few of my sentences have begun like that. Today is no different. This time I was looking for pictures of mailbox swags. There a few ideas I found to draw inspiration from.
You don’t see a lot of decorated mailboxes in this area. I found this one on the Style blueprint blog.
So far so good. Pipe cleaners, check. Floral foam, check. Trimmings, check. I kept plugging the greenery in to the foam until it was all covered.
I think I may add some greenery down the sides. The nice thing about the ribbon is that it weathers well. The garland lasts though the season because I kept the floral block waters and with a little help from Mother Nature!
I love Christmas. So I couldn’t wait to decorate. I always buy garland but this year I thought I’d try to make it. It seemed easy enough.
I gathered all the cuttings yesterday and put them in water and garland fresh overnight. The next day they all seemed pretty healthy so I started making the garland. It was a great day to be outside so I chose to work outside because it gets kind of messy.
All I needed was floral wire, wire cutters, and pruners and I was ready to create. Some of the branches were curvy, but it went together pretty easy. I layered each branch, running the same way and up against the door frame to see how they were going to hang. I had to wrap the branches with wire in multiple areas to keep it together, but, for my first try, It turned out ok!
After all the remodeling and renovating we accomplished this spring, summer and fall, I had to take break and do a few fun things. I saw this idea for a pallet sign and thought “I could do that”. So I did. I asked a local company if I could grab one of their pallets. They said “Why sure!” and I loaded it into the car. Then it sat in the garage for a few days (maybe a few weeks, but who’s counting!)
Anyway, I pulled all the planks off and got rid of the nails. Not too bad I think. Then I started gluing the planks together and put some screws in them too hold it. So far so good. It held! I stained it and let it set. Now for the fun part.
Painting the flower. I pretty much free-painted it and finished it in a morning.
I added the saying with some cursive letters and there you go, a nice big picture for the bathroom!